living. loving. changing. learning. growing.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

I realized the other day that I am going to miss my single years. Crazy huh!? But it is not that I will miss being "single". No, it is that I will miss this time when it is just me and the Lord.

A few weeks ago I was reading 1 Corinthians and got to chapter 7, verse 34.

It reads: "There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband."

I started thinking about my job as a single woman and how much I need to be using this time of my life to fully and completely serve God. Not that I won't serve Him as a married woman, but when you are married your focus changes a bit. It made me sad to think of time that I have unintentionally (and I admit, intentionally) wasted. Time spend daydreaming when I should have been praying. Time spend reading wedding magazines when I should have been reading my Bible.

But I was also excited that its not to late to try again. I don't know the timing of the Lords will. I could be single for another 4 years or 4 months but either way I want to spend it caring for the things of the Lord differently then I have been. I just wish I knew for sure what that means for my life, but I know that he will (and is) continue to show me. At least I know where to start...

No comments:

Post a Comment